Siblings scalded by chemical used to clear clogged drain pipe

2 months ago

Siblings scalded by chemical used to clear clogged drain pipe

KUALA LUMPUR: Two siblings were scalded when they came into contact with a chemical used by their neighbour to clean a clogged drain pipe on Jan 31.

Serdang district police chief ACP A.A. Anbalagan said that in the incident at around 9.30pm in an apartment in Seri Kembangan, a nine-year-old boy suffered severe burns on his head and body while his seven-year-old sister suffered burns on her thigh.

He said the children's mother heard the sound of an explosion and the screams of her son, who was in the kitchen, and realised that her two children had been in contact with a liquid believed to be soda powder acid from the drainage pipe of the top floor of her apartment unit.

Read the full story

It's better on the Lumi News app

✅ It’s fast

✅ It’s easy to use

✅ It’s free

Start using Lumi
You might like ⬇️
MoT, Johor agree to prioritise JB-S’pore RTS link
The Vibes

The Vibes

MoT, Johor agree to prioritise JB-S’pore RTS link

Reject exclusion of liquid, nicotine gel from Poisons Act, pharmacists urge govt
The Vibes

The Vibes

Reject exclusion of liquid, nicotine gel from Poisons Act, pharmacists urge govt

11 minutes ago

PAS demands apology from NST over ‘slanderous’ article
FMT News

FMT News

PAS demands apology from NST over ‘slanderous’ article

15 minutes ago

news-stack-on-news-image

Why read with Lumi?

Staying informed is hard work. Use the Lumi News app to get the latest news from publishers you like, in a beautiful app. Save time and find delight in news-reading again.

Trending right now

Loading...